Song theme and Actor/Singer research
I have researched some songs that are of a sad upsetting theme that will link into my video. First of all I have listened to Pink – “Crystal Ball”, which explains that you can’t see what’s around the corner in life. I felt that this wasn’t coming from a great perspective and doesn’t really relate to physically loosing a close loved one. The lyrics just expressed the future.
Secondly I have listened to Mika – “Love Today”, I felt that although the lyrics would give a diverse examination on life with a terminal illness, the song is just to jolly and upbeat in order to take the song seriously.
I have also listened to Nelly Furtado – “All Good Things …. Come to an end”. I thought that this is a suitable song about everything in life comes to an end, however two weaknesses of using this song is; firstly that it already has a video and I don’t want mine to end up being a copied version, and secondly that Emma, my friend who has volunteered to play the piano in the band cannot be used in this song because it doesn’t involve a piano.
Finally I found the perfect song I could use for my video; it is sung by Kelly Clarkson and taken from her most recent album “All I Ever Wanted” (released 2008) and is called “Save You”. The song lyrics involve wishing to save somebody from being hurt and turning back time to happier times and appreciating them more then. My pianist/friend Emma is happy to play the piano for the video; another friend of mine “Becca” can sing and studies Drama at A level. She is more than happy to be the lead vocals for the video, and already has the song so knows all the lyrics. I have been influenced by the likes of the Pussy Cat Dolls and Diana Ross and the Supremes for my video as I will have a lead singer with other back up singers as part of the band. The back up singers are also friends; Clara, Dawn and Sophie. Another friend Lucy studies Drama “A” level and will play the role of the cancer patient. She will not be part of the band because the band is narrating the story and would look odd if the deceased girl were to sing in the band and narrate her own illness.
Friday, 12 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment