Friday, 12 March 2010

Research Target Audience

Research on audience

From my research, I have found that most music is aimed at the youth culture. It would then make sense to create a video for a younger audience, because I personally can give wider opinions on ideas and I already have enough knowledge on music video’s aimed at the youth audience to get me started. However, I feel as though some of the videos strongly didn’t appeal to older generations so I think that in my video I will keep the “sexy chics” and sexual content out of my video. I want to aim at a young audience but am still accepted and viewable by audiences over the age of 50.

Target audience research

To back up my audience research I decided to produce a questionnaire specifically for a younger audience, to make sure I was catering to their needs.

Target Audience Questionnaire

I produced a Questionnaire before I began storyboarding any ideas for the filming. I did this so that I could target a specific audience – teenagers. Being teenagers I found many participants in school. I stood with the questionnaires at the dinner hall and got 100 questionnaires filled in from a variety of ages and genders in the school – including teachers, because although I want my music video to target teenagers, I also want to take into account what older generations taste of music is. As if I were marketing this music video/song I would want the largest possible audience. I found that the majority of the participants listened to pop music, were female and aged 12-19. I also found that the majority of participants would buy a record for charity; most answered they would pay between £1 and £2. After analyzing this questionnaire, it has made my decision to do a song that is fulfilling and perhaps for a charity even stronger.

Below is a filled in questionnaire. I was able to reach a large sample size, as the questionnaire took only a minute to fill out


QUESTIONNAIRE

From the results gathered from the questionnaire, I have found the following results – shown in the two graphs below.


No comments:

Post a Comment