Friday, 12 March 2010

Final Plan

Final Plan

I have therefore decided that I am going to create a music video about cancer. I think I will target a younger audience because that is the principal audience for music videos. With all the hype in the media about Cervical Cancer, I think it is important to create a music video which can reflect on contemporary society.

I am promoting an album of a new girl band. Their image will be like contemporary girl bands but their messages are much more meaningful and reputable; the content of the songs will be of “real” issues, such as poverty, racism and illness. The debut single of the album will focus on illness and the effects of cancer on a young person. I have been influenced by Pink’s video for “I don’t believe you” as she as a bride had everything taken away when her bridegroom ditched her on her wedding day.

The girl band will be the actors and singers. I will use a separate actress, one of which isn’t in the music video so that the girl band can narrate the story. The beginning of the video will include the girl band/actors around the cancer victim’s grave. The actress I am using for this is a friend called “Lucy”; I will call her Lucy rather than “the cancer victim”. Then the story of Lucy’s life is narrated as flashback of the “good times”. The flashback scenes include; school life, bowling, the cinema, shopping and other contemporary issues of a 17/18 year old girl. The tempo of the video will change about two thirds through when it is narrated what happened during the time “Lucy” had cancer and how she used her time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment