Research on Music Videos by singer and songwriter Kelly Clarkson
As I have decided to use a song sung and written by Kelly Clarkson, I have decided to carry out some extended research on music videos from Kelly Clarkson. This is because there may be some influence from the videos in how she is represented by the different camera angles used, colours and image via the Mise en Scene and how the video has been edited.
First I have looked at Kelly Clarkson’s music video for “My life would suck without you”. The music video in general is very upbeat – a contrast to the song I have chosen. There is an obvious and clear narrative to the music video, which shows a young couple – with the story being that their lives would suck without each other. Therefore, I intend for my music video for the song “Save You” to include a clear narrative, which benefits the audience. This is because they can clearly identify what the story is about and make personal links to the song and video.
Secondly I have looked at the Music Video, “Because of You”, which again follows a similar pattern of structure to “My life would suck without you”. Again, it follows a clear narrative – employing a range of different camera angles, however, there is a limited scenery involved in the music video. This is purposeful, however, for my music video I would rather include a variety of scenery as audiences will be more inclined to watch for longer – rather than getting bored.
In conclusion, from researching briefly into these two videos, I have found that videos by Kelly Clarkson often involve a clear narrative, and interesting camera angles and distances. From this research, I am very much inclined for my music video to focus on a strong and clear narrative.
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment