Monday, 19 April 2010

CD - Final Product

This is my CD Front Cover;
This first one has what will be on the packaging on the CD case as stickers



This Is the Back Cover;







This is the Inside of the CD (the pink will overlap into the side of the CD)










CD Evaluation

The final product; my CD package is based around contemporary girl band images; I have been very influenced by the likes of Girls Aloud and The Saturdays. I think that in hindsight, the image of my band on the CD cover is very similar to that of the two bands mentioned. I wanted to make the girls look powerful, from a feminist approach – however, this seems to be what all girl bands are doing nowadays. Although I think that because my Girl Band are promoting a video for cancer research, and profits go to charity – this develops conventional media products because most bands and artists rarely do this. Although, the two bands that come to mind who have recently done charity singles are Girls Aloud and The Saturdays, so therefore my Girl group doesn’t develop traditional conventions. I don’t really think that the band challenge existing media, as the band are quite mainstream. I think that it is quite risky for new artists to be “out there” at such early stages of their career, examples such as Lady GaGa show that she began her career as quite “normal” and didn’t challenge existing media forms until she had earned her celebrity status and popularity.
In the research stages I looked at CD covers of artists that I had in my iTunes library, I took them to pieces and found some similarities and some differences between them. In the construction stages, I took digital pictures using my camera, and then put them on Photoshop. Using the composition plans I had done, the production was a doddle, and I could quickly get what I wanted onto Photoshop. I have printed of the front, back and inside covers, and put them into a CD case. I think that overall this looks quite good; however, the quality is not as good as it ought to be.
Without audience feedback my final product would not have been the same, I relied on a wide opinion when forming my own, to keep myself on track and making sure that the final product fitted what I intended to do. I found questionnaires the easiest method, as I could produce a questionnaire and give it out to as many people as I liked, I did think about an informal interview with some people, but I thought there was no need, as me and my friends in the media class often had discussions about each others work which was sort of an even more informal, informal interview.
I am pleased with the combination of the main product and ancillary texts, I have followed a similar colour pattern, and kept the same theme of charity throughout all of the products – without (hopefully) being over the top and being too forceful with information.

No comments:

Post a Comment