Please click the link below to go onto my Webpage;
My Website Pages
Storyboards
I have done 3 composition plans, and have developed each one as I have gone on from the previous.
The first composition I drew up was very straightforward and didn’t have much extra detail on. For example, the picture of the band is too big, this is good that there is a picture of the band on but I think because it was so big, it took attention away from other items on the page which were more important – such as the music video. I was happy with the navigation bar at the top of the page; it contained links to all pages that would be necessary on a website. A further criticism of this webpage is that the colours are only yellow and black, on the CD front and back cover, there is also pink text. Therefore in order for the 3 media pieces to fit together, they must follow the same pattern of colours. This webpage has been hugely inspired by the one I looked at by Girls Aloud, this is maybe too much so, as I have not looked at other webpages in the same detail. I found that the first composition did not include anything overly exciting, it was simply boring and pictures took up the majority of the space. I did like the navigation bar at the top of the page, lots of other webpages have this at the very top, and I thought it was functional to do the same. This and the name of the band at the top of the page has been the same throughout all compositions. I have a picture of the band at the top, but in the early compositions it was rather large, and when I had created this on the computer, it contributed to a whole screen space – and therefore was no indication for audiences to scroll down for more info. That is why I have made the image smaller, and brought up the rest of the content further up. I have also decided that because the band are new, there needs to be some information about them as a group, and individuals somewhere on the page – so that audiences can get to know the group. As the music video is an emotional story about cancer, there needs to be a link on the webpage so that audiences can understand more about why the band have chosen to do a song about that issue, and have profits go to charity. I will also need some copyright of some sort to send to Cancer Research UK as I am intending on using the logo on the page. Also on the page are the music video, and the CD front cover, this webpage links the 3 together. Also on the final composition is an idea taken from most other music artist webpages, I see it as a “space filler” and also gets to see the band in a more personal level. It is a news box, which lets audiences find out stories about the band – I would aim to update this regularly if it were real. I have written some articles about 2 band members, and intend to get another picture of them. The colours used are matching to the CD cover and back – Black, Gold and Pink. I think that this is a good combination because the Gold emphasises quality, Pink emphasises “girliness” and the Black is a solid background colour which girl group Girls Aloud have used on their webpage.
Composition 1

Composition 2

Composition 3

These are all just rough ideas for myself, so that i know what will go where - so i haven't gone into extreme detail on each of the plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment