Monday, 19 April 2010

Composition Planning for CD Cover and Back Cover




Evaluation of Compositions

I have decided that my CD front cover will be of a low angle of the band – to endorse an authoritative figure. This is because there is a big push of “popular feminism” which proves popular with audience (especially female) because of female empowerment but is still popular with male audiences because of the girl groups attractiveness. Secondly I have decided that I want the colours to be yellow/gold and black, this is because the gold emphasises quality, and the black colour matches the gold – without taking away to much attention. The writing font will be “Georgia” and in italics and bold, this is because the font is readable, yet quite feminine – because I am promoting a female band. Unlike fonts such as ROCKWELL which are somewhat masculine.
The back of the CD cover is hugely inspired by the back of Rihanna’s album cover “good girl gone bad”. A close up shot of Rihanna on the back allocates a more personal side to the singer – this I have used and will take a close up picture of the band’s lead singer Becca. The same colours and fonts will be used as on the front. I will also include a bar code, a copyright symbol and the record label’s logo to make the CD look realistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment