Monday, 19 April 2010

Research of Existing CD Covers

I have looked at other contemporary girl groups or artists to see how my CD case would fit in with theirs. I found some similarities and some differences between mine and theirs.










Research into the inside of CD cases


I simply got around 10 CD cases in my house, and looked at the insides of each one. I jotted down a brainstorm of my findings and the copied this neatly onto the computer. I found that there were many differences what were on the insides of CD cases. I didn’t even find any links between genres; all CD’s contained different insides – regardless of genre. From the Covers I have looked at, I think that the blank inside was pretty boring, although, I found one CD just to over the top, as it contained a big thank you speech, and lots of flowery drawings intertwined. I liked the marketing idea of having a link to downloading the song to your phone, with instructions inside the CD cover - very canny. I also liked the idea of having a promotion for the upcoming tour of the artist – very canny! Both these ideas show that the person who buys the CD will look inside and there will be more ways to support the artists – who they are obviously a fan. However, these CD’s I have are quite old, as since digital technology came about, I download all my music and don’t buy CD’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment