QUESTIONNAIRE INSERT
Below are some graphs to show findings from the questionnairre's;

Questionnaire Evaluation
I carried out a Questionnaire to a sample of 50 people at my school. They were either staff or students of different ages. Although, as I feel that the music industry targets heavily on the youth, then I would proportion my sample to reflect this ratio. The age range with the largest number of participants was the group 15-18 – mainly because this group was the easiest to get hold of and secondly because I intend the music to target them especially. I asked the question “how often do you surf the internet” because those who would surf the internet most would be able to give fully justified opinions of WebPages. I then asked a more direct question - “How often have you visited WebPages of contemporary music artists?” The results from this question was what I would expect, around half of the participants visit these webpages now and again – and most likely the same ones. Therefore from this I can conclude that webpages are important as it is a base for a band or artist to supply information. I inserted a question that would give me qualitative data so that the participant could get across their own views, rather than ticking a box which is very closed and only gives correlational information. I liked to read Question 6 on this questionnaire so that I could get a general feel of what participants expect to be on a website. Many of the responses were similar, and thought that a website should have a music video from the band available, song lyrics, competitions and concert dates available so that they can buy tickets to see the band. This questionnaire has proved helpful in that I can now go on and design the webpage knowing what my target audience expects from it.
I carried out a Questionnaire to a sample of 50 people at my school. They were either staff or students of different ages. Although, as I feel that the music industry targets heavily on the youth, then I would proportion my sample to reflect this ratio. The age range with the largest number of participants was the group 15-18 – mainly because this group was the easiest to get hold of and secondly because I intend the music to target them especially. I asked the question “how often do you surf the internet” because those who would surf the internet most would be able to give fully justified opinions of WebPages. I then asked a more direct question - “How often have you visited WebPages of contemporary music artists?” The results from this question was what I would expect, around half of the participants visit these webpages now and again – and most likely the same ones. Therefore from this I can conclude that webpages are important as it is a base for a band or artist to supply information. I inserted a question that would give me qualitative data so that the participant could get across their own views, rather than ticking a box which is very closed and only gives correlational information. I liked to read Question 6 on this questionnaire so that I could get a general feel of what participants expect to be on a website. Many of the responses were similar, and thought that a website should have a music video from the band available, song lyrics, competitions and concert dates available so that they can buy tickets to see the band. This questionnaire has proved helpful in that I can now go on and design the webpage knowing what my target audience expects from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment